Student Honor Code
As Christians, we are called to conduct ourselves in a “manner of life” that is “worthy of the gospel of Christ” (Philippians 1:27). Veritas Classes affirms that the Bible is the source of all truth and wisdom, and that it is the standard by which we are to live before others. As Paul wrote to Timothy, “all Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (I Timothy 3:16). To this end, students enrolled in Veritas Classes are expected to act with honor in their demeanor, their academic work, and their relationships with teachers and classmates. The following five values constitute the Veritas Classes Student Honor code.
Honesty – Be truthful and accurate in the performance and presentation of academic work.
“For we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord’s sight but also in the sight of man.” (2 Corinthians 8:21)
Integrity – Adhere faithfully to biblical principles of good conduct.
“He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity…” (Proverbs 12:7)
Diligence – Work hard and well in what is required of you by others.
“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ…” (Col. 3:23-24)
Accountability – Take responsibility for your actions and the consequences of your actions.
“Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you…” (Hebrews 13:17)
Respect – Treat others with kindness and civility.
“We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.” (I Thessalonians 5:12-13)
Electronics- I understand that the use of cell phones, earbuds and other electronic devices are prohibited in the classroom. I also understand that those devices, the may only be used in the commons area, and nowhere else on the premises. Earbuds may not be used at all. Furthermore, I understand that the ability to use electronic devices is a privilege, and not a right. If these guidelines are violated, I understand that this privilege will be revoked.
The Honor Code Pledge
“Before God and my parents, I commit myself to uphold the values of Veritas Classes: honesty, integrity, diligence, accountability, and respect.”
Veritas Classes Sick Policy
Welcome to Veritas Classes. We are so thankful for the opportunity to partner with you in the wonderful homeschooling journey. In addition to providing an excellent academic learning experience for your students, we are also committed to, together, having a healthy learning environment as well. Having said that, here are some guidelines and procedures that we, as a Board, have prepared to help make sure we are doing all we can to help ensure a safe and successful year.
- We encourage students to not share snacks, beverages, or other items during the Veritas school day.
- Our Veritas Science teachers will keep the sharing of equipment to a minimum, and will wipe down any shared equipment at the end of class.
Entry to Building
- We ask that students who are sick, beginning to feel sick, or are running any temperature/fever at all to please remain home and not attend Veritas Classes while these symptoms persist.
- We encourage everyone to sanitize their hands upon entry to the building.
- We will not allow siblings to wait in the building. Young siblings may enter with a parent for pick up/drop off only, and siblings must stay next to parent’s side. If a parent waits on campus for longer than just a drop off or pick up, siblings cannot wait with them. Only one adult per student can wait in the building for a student. There will be an exception for children of Veritas teachers and assistants.
- The Kitchen area will be off limits except for classroom activity.
- If a student tests positive for COVID, the family of the student(s) have two options: They could continue classes with a virtual delivery and/or homework assignments until his/her quarantine is completed; or, they could elect to withdraw from Veritas. In this specific case only, the Drop Fee for the family’s student(s) would be waived.
- In the case of another government-mandated Shelter-in-Place shutdown, Veritas classes will continue with a virtual format. Should a parent elect to withdraw their student(s) in this scenario – Drop Fees would be incurred.
- If a student, staff member or teacher tests positive, they will need to complete their quarantine before returning to Veritas.
- If anyone in the Veritas household tests positive, they would need to complete their quarantine before anyone from the household returns to Veritas.
- Veritas will inform families if there is a positive COVID case within Veritas.
- We will have all Veritas parents sign a Waiver acknowledging risks associated with group instruction, and, among other things, that they will not hold Veritas Classes, Inc. or Antioch Community Church responsible if someone in their household becomes sick.
Veritas Covid Liability Waiver
I acknowledge that Veritas Classes, Inc. has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
I further acknowledge that Veritas cannot guarantee that neither I, nor my family members, will not become infected with Covid-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others with whom I will come in contact while at Veritas. Therefore, I agree to hold Veritas Classes, Inc. and Antioch Community Church harmless for any adverse effects, real or imagined, that may or may not have come from exposure while at Veritas.
I voluntarily seek services provided by Veritas and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending classes.
I understand the COVID-19 symptoms may be, but are not limited to: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, vomiting, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
I affirm that neither I, nor any member of my household, currently has or has experienced the aforementioned symptoms within the past 14 days. Furthermore, I will immediately inform Veritas and temporarily discontinue classes if I, or any member of my household, develop any of the aforementioned symptoms.
I affirm that neither I, nor any member of my household, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks. Furthermore, I will immediately inform Veritas and temporarily discontinue classes if I, or any member of my household, is diagnosed with COVID-19. In the event that my student(s) tests positive for COVID-19, I understand the options are to either withdraw from Veritas, or to continue classes with a virtual format and/or homework assignments until quarantine is completed.
I affirm that neither I, nor any member of my household, have knowingly been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks. Furthermore, I will immediately inform Veritas and temporarily discontinue classes if I, or any member of my household, is knowingly exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
I understand that Veritas Classes, Inc. and Antioch Community Church cannot be held liable for any exposure to the COVID-19 virus caused by any misinformation on this form or the health history provided by each student enrolled at Veritas.
By signing below, I agree to each statement above and release Veritas Classes, Inc. and Antioch Community Church from any and all liability for the unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.